Closed in half the time – at a fraction of the cost.
Does Your Remediation Firm Deliver These Benefits?
An $8 million, 20-year soil remediation project at a defunct plating shop and closed in half the time – at a fraction of the cost.
- Traditional approaches to remediating the plating and grinding facility would have required more than 15 years to complete and cost in excess of $8 million.
- Through the in situ approach AcuityES brought to the project, the site was successfully closed within 3 years – at a cost of less than $4.5 million.
- Environmental liability removed from the company ledger and the property is prepared for useful service.
A Firm That Makes Recommendations Based On Science or Opinion?
- AcuityES identified a number of bench test reagents to geochemically reduce the hexavalent chromium to trivalent chromium – and stabilize the arsenic, nickel and antimony. This testing revealed the best solution as a newly available reagent consisting of nano-scale ferrous sulfide (FeS) slurry.
- The selection of the remediation reagent was based on laboratory bench testing.
A Firm Who Thinks Outside Of The Box?
- AcuityES utilized a unique proprietary blend – and first ever application – of a nano-scale iron sulfide (FeS) reactant for in situ geochemical reduction and contaminant stabilization.
- AcuityES successfully closed both soil and groundwater at this site. Sites like this are often unable to achieve closure levels using commercially available reagents.